Thursday, April 18, 2013

Week 2 - I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna!!!!! (and some other stuff)

When I started this week I left something important behind.  Something so vital to my success in life that I fervently wished I had a T.A.R.D.I.S. to go back in time and get it (well, actually, I want that blue box to take me anywhere but last week!). Something so imperative to my very being that without it I would lay in bed all day eating pb&j, watching Netflix, and randomly sleeping.  I'm sure you've guessed what it is by now.  Motivation.  

I haven't wanted to workout all week!!!  Don't worry friends, I kept pushing play, but that has been a struggle I could have done without this week!  With the exception of Tuesday, I have managed to avoid my workout until the end out the day.  I don't have to go to therapy to figure out why I have no motivation.  I'm a little overwhelmed this week.  I have 2 conference presentations scheduled - one local and one in North Carolina (SEWSA!!! South Eastern Women's Studies Association - where I get to sit on a panel of 3 graduate students and 2 faculty members and talk about feminist pedagogy.  I feel so grown up!).  

I'm leaving for SEWSA bright and early in the morning and will be gone until Saturday.  This trip causes a shift in my workout schedule, making Friday my rest day since I won't be around a DVD player and I don't really want to work out around my professors!!!  I'll be doing my workout in the morning before I leave, and Saturday I'll do my workout in the evening.  Just all this stuff I have to do is freaking me out!  I just need to breathe, prioritize, and do what I can.  I know this.  I have mad skillz from therapy.  Doesn't mean I still don't have my freak out moments, just means they're not as severe as they used to be.

"Keep pressing play."  "Decide. Commit. Succeed."  

These are powerful mottoes (that spelling looks weird...it makes me think of applesauce toes!) used by the team at Power 90.  Surprisingly, they work for me.  They succeed where other mottoes (there's a new idea for a foot fetish! Hungry?) failed.  This week I had to utilize the "keep pressing play" motto.  I'm glad I did.  I really don't want to fail at this.  Plus I want to see what kind of wicked weight loss I'll have this week!!  I know you're excited, cause I am!

Now I need to complain a bit.  The videos for Power 90 (except for the FBS, which I examine here) are BORING!!!  Tony is boring, the music is boring, the pace is boring (though I have to say that I do actually like the slower pace of this compared to the FBS), the 2 helpers he has have those "perfect" hard-bodies, rarely mess up, and just make me want to squirt hot sauce in their eyeballs.

Other than that, the workouts are pretty do-able and only last 28 minutes.  Over the week I noticed a few little things that I wanted to share.  I managed to walk up a flight of stairs a couple of times in one day - without having to stop to breathe. There is a small hill on campus that I have to walk up to get to my office if I walk a particular route (which, of course, I go a different way so I don't have to walk up that hill).  I walked up it with minimal heavy breathing (the legs definitely burned, but I wasn't huffing and puffing).  

I just have an overall "feeling good" attitude since I started Power 90.  I saw a friend who said to me "Alison, of all the sexy people I've seen today, you're the sexiest!"  Made me feel pretty good.  And now I'm going to take a melatonin to quiet my mind so I can sleep and get up early to do my workout and then road trip it to G'boro, NC for a fabulous conference where I can be surrounded by lots of intelligent and sexy women!! 


#TrueStory



1 comments:

Motivational Speaker said...

Feeling of self worth is all that takes to be on the top. Whatever you do, whatever the circumstances are, both things have got nothing to do with each other. Don't dwell on the past, make the rest of the life the best of your life.

Regards,
Mark Duin

Post a Comment