Monday, April 15, 2013

Week 2, Day 1

I know I just posted, but I needed to say something else.  I went ahead and did my Sunday workout - my first actual P90 workout - at midnight, so technically I'll be doing 2 workouts on Monday.  I didn't want to do it because I was nervous.  I had started to unconsciously work myself up about how hard it would be so obviously I wouldn't be able to do it...  I did it anyway.  Mostly just to get it out of the way but also because I'll be out of town for 3 days this week for a conference and I realized that I'd miss a workout day which would cut down my workout numbers significantly this week.  It felt like I was giving up and the slogan for P90 is Decide. Commit. Succeed. Doing a workout at midnight is part of my commitment.  Loosing 3.5 pounds a week is part of my success.

The P90 program schedule tells you to start out with the circuit/sculpting the first day.  I'm really glad it does because it was pretty easy.  Not easy as in "I can do all of the exercises with my eyes closed my a baby on my back" but they weren't complicated nor did they require a bunch of accommodations for me (I'm going to give some credit to the FBS preparation I did last week.  You can read my post about that here).  Also, bonus, it was only 28 minutes long and it had plenty of breaks worked into it!  There are 4 stretching breaks (beginning and end and 2 in the middle of the circuits) and one 10 second break in the middle (they actually stop to drink some water).

The circuit/sculpting was great.  I didn't feel rushed or pressured but I'm definitely feeling the burn.  One negative - when I ordered the program, I chose the red resistance band, apparently that's the one that has the least amount of give to it and I should have ordered the other color instead but it doesn't explain what the colors mean during the purchase.  I only know this about the bands because I read it somewhere...after I had already ordered.  Silver lining I guess would be that having greater resistance will sculpt my arms faster lol!

Anyway, I need to get back to paper writing....I got side tracked by the realization that I had 2 new episodes of Game of Thrones to watch!



0 comments:

Post a Comment