Monday, April 22, 2013

SEWSA, Exercise, and a Weigh In

Here's what you are dying to know...I lost 3 pounds last week!!!!
I just want to do a huge dance in the middle of Times Square to celebrate!!!  Or eat a huge double chocolate cake with a tub of ice cream!  Instead, I'm posting this amazing photo for you to imagine my happiness :)

I'm not going to lie to you, I was worried this week.  I did my workout Thursday morning before leaving for SEWSA but when I got home Saturday I had no energy to workout...so I didn't.  I also didn't workout on Sunday (I didn't even walk down the street to get my Sunday papers - made my kid do it).  3 days with no workout worried the piss out of me.  That's the span of time that is perfect for sitting on the couch and saying "fuck the workout."  Luckily I lost all that weight anyway.  If I hadn't see continued progress I would have given up.  But I did, so I didn't.

I don't really have much time to chat this morning (gotta get some reading and a short writing assignment done for class tonight) but I wanted to say a couple of things about my time at SEWSA this weekend.  It was wonderful! Not only did I get to spend time with colleagues and professors outside of the campus environment I also got to eat some wonderful food and meet some wonderful women and hear about their passions!  Two of those women, specifically, are important to me.  First, there's Samantha.  She is a friend of a friend and is coming to our campus this weekend to participate in a panel discussion during a convention that we're hosting.  She is absolutely fabulous, smart, and utterly gorgeous - not to mention that I'm totally jealous of her fashion sense!

Then there is Carla.  She turned me onto the perfect University for my PhD program - it meets all of my requirements (which is ridiculously hard to do).

  1. It doesn't require the GRE (I refuse to take standardized tests)
  2. There's no snow
  3. It has a PhD in Women's Studies
  4. Not only does it offer ASL classes, ASL can be used to fulfill one of the PhD course requirements
  5. It's a women's university.
So what is it???  Texas Women's University.  You're welcome.

And now I have to get my work done.  I hope everyone's having a great Monday!!! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment