Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I am Sherlocked

I just recently started watching the new BBC series Sherlock.  If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.  They took the original Sherlock/Dr. Watson and stuck them in modern day and believe it or not, it works.


It seems that there are only 3 episodes a year, but each episode is almost 2 hours long.  I need more though, lots more.  Anyway, to the point of tonight's blog....I just watched the last episode available and during one of the last scenes with Sherlock and Moriarty together, Sherlock uttered the most epic of epics quotes ever said:





This is so perfect because it fits me 100%.  I've always identified with Sherlock (not the insane intelligence but the way he interacts with people).  Also, I've always championed for good but felt like I was wearing the black hat while doing it. This little fact has always made me uncomfortable because aren't we supposed to be good all the time?  I'm not even sure I can really put to words what I feel....

Let's try this...when I play any type of RPG (MMO or PnP), I always play some type of evil with Neutral Evil being my go-to alignment.  I've attempted to play good characters but they bore me (too much sentiment required) and never last very long.  In reality, I identify more with mixture of Lawful Neutral and Neutral Evil.  I do believe, however, that the birthing of children from my womb and their continued existence in my life keeps me anchored to a Lawful Neutral/Chaotic Good journey.

So yes, Sherlock's quote rang true for me because it affirms that I can be true to myself and still protect my family/be a good role model.

Warning:  It's after 4am and my brain is almost complete mush so I won't blame you if this doesn't make any sense, plus I don't think I've ever really articulated it before.

0 comments:

Post a Comment