Monday, January 9, 2012

May the speed be with you

I'm so tired, I really shouldn't be here right now.  I don't particularly have anything amazing to say...but it's been so long since I said anything here that I figured I'd just say something so that the blog doesn't die from ... crap what's that word ... neglect, yeah ... that.

I got a new computer.  It's boss (do kids still say that?).  It's a 23 inch, all-in-one, touch screen, desktop and can I just say that going from my 6 year old Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop to this ... is like going from living in a back alley slum with no food, no shelter, no clothes, nothing ... to living in Bill Gates' mansion with no preamble.  I mean...WOW!  You're probably wondering what was the first thing I did after I took it out of the box.  Well, I downloaded Chrome (I'd delete the IE that came standard except that I like having a back up in case of emergencies) and World of Warcraft, the two most important things.  After that, I loaded up some important bookmarks and then installed the Sims 3 (hey, I need a game to play when the interwebs are down...don't judge me).

What do I love most about my new computer?  Well the speed is awesome.  I did a side-by-side comparison of my old laptop and the new desktop.  I went to dropbox.com (this is a great program for storing files online.  It gives you 2 GB free to start with!), downloaded the program, first on the laptop and then the desktop.  Not only did I manage to download and install the program faster on my desktop but I had been able to surf the web for a couple of minutes before the program had even downloaded onto my laptop!!!

Sorry, I'm not trying to make this post all about this awesome new computer I got (I am actually...) but it's just so cool!  Oh, and how could I forget?  The graphics make me wet.  Okay, the graphics card is probably not even close to being top of the line but they might as well be compared to what I was used to!  There are only three things that I'm a little concerned about.  First, the mouse (it's amazing and I love it, I promise, but) the right button seems hard to press.  I'm not sure if that's because of the mouse size or just the mouse itself but time will tell.  Second, the CD drive is difficult to locate and open.  I'm also worried that it might break soon (it's a side-loaded drive and it seems to be loose...granted, I'm no expert on those things but when you can lift it up more than a few millimeters, I feel like I have room to be nervous).  Finally, the brightness...oy, my eyes!!!  I haven't figured out a way to dim the screen like I can with my Nook Color and it's starting to hurt my eyes.  If you can figure it out let me know, please!

And I just got sidetracked while on a quest for some pretty flesh to post on here which means it's bedtime for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment