Monday, November 7, 2011

The Homosexual Agenda

I should have been working on a paper that I've been ignoring since last week, but instead I was trolling news feeds and I stumbled upon the topic of the "homosexual agenda".  This is something that I've heard other people talk about (mostly my LGBTQ/S - the "S" is for supporters) and it's always been brought about in a joking way...as in "Oh girl, have you heard the newest bull that the conservatives are pulling out of their asses now??" and then we all have a good laugh because, really, who believes this crap?  So I had to go on a search to see if it was true...to make sure that it wasn't just being blown out of proportion.

Guess what though, there are people who actually believe this crap.

I'm sure all of you are caught up on the whole thing so I'm only going to share two links that I found.  One is from a site called Conservapedia and they actually have a page dedicated to the homosexual agenda (I'm almost flattered).  The other is a satiric look at it in which the author blows it way out of proportion (way out in left field).  His contention is that if the conservatives are going to say we have an agenda, then let's not disappoint them!  You can find his article at Annoy.com.

So I figured I'd share a little bit of my own homosexual agenda.  I'd love to hear from others about their own gay agendas.

I want an education to get a good job to not only feed and clothe my children but to make them proud of me and to help them realize that it's never too late to make something of yourself.  I'd love to be able to fit in my old jeans, to have time to actually sit and enjoy my breakfast, and to get a good night's sleep.  I want to educate my children so that they have the capability to stand against ignorance and make up their own minds on how to think.  I want to have a woman in my life that loves all the quirky things about me and won't run away when I get all emotional over those damned Hallmark commercials.  I want truth and honesty and love...not just for me and my family but for the world.  I want to live in a world in which it is okay to walk down the street and hold the hand of someone you love because it is the simple act of loving someone and not their gender or color of their skin that gets noticed.  I want my news to report about the local yard sales and the neighborhood potlucks and how little Jimmy from down the road just got married to his childhood sweetheart and not about any hatred or murder or with any judgmental words about how little Jimmy's marriage isn't real because his sweetheart was a man.

I want my children, all children, to feel safe enough to walk with their friends around the neighborhood at night...and when they learn about drugs it's not to teach them the dangers of it but about the history of how the communities rose up en mass and told the drug dealers that we were tired of them corrupting our children and killing our families and we aren't going to take it any more.

I want our children to laugh when they learn about segregation, the oppression of women and gays, of wars and poverty because in their world they can't even comprehend such evil.

My agenda is love and peace and if that's a homosexual agenda then I think we need to start converting all the straight people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment